At the unveiling on 11 August 1894 military bands played and children from schools within the Adelaide City Council area sang the ‘Song of Australia’.
On 24 August in 1957 an old Methodist church at Eastry St, Norwood was purchased that was to become the Lithuanian House.
The Governor, Sir Archibald Weigall, officiated and women laid violets at the ceremony.